What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Poll: How Many Different MODEL RV's have you flown?

How Many Different Model RV's have you Flown?

Votes: 10 13.9%

Votes: 14 19.4%

Votes: 10 13.9%

Votes: 18 25.0%

Votes: 7 9.7%

Votes: 7 9.7%

Votes: 2 2.8%

Votes: 3 4.2%

Votes: 1 1.4%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Ironflight

VAF Moderator / Line Boy
Mentor
OK, so last week's poll showed us that of those responding, there are a quite a few folks that have had the chance to fly friend's RV's! Of course, it's a bit open-ended, and we asked about stick time - not how many different RV's folks had actually LANDED! ;)

So now I am curious as to the DEPTH of the pilots here - how many different RV models have you sampled? Let's see, the most probable list would include the 3,4,6,7,8,9,10, & 12. The -11 is still a work in progress, the -5 (as I understand it) is hanging from a ceiling. We know where the -1 is (and it will be flying again soon!), and I don't think the -2 was ever finished.

So I would consider a "perfect" score to be an "8". The real bonus pilots could potentially add two more (the -1 and the -5) for a perfect "10". I expect there might only be one or two folks that could score that 10.....

This should be fun! Remember - the first liar doesn't stand a chance....:D

RV-1 Not yet!
RV-3 One (hope to make it two)
RV-4 Three
RV-6 Two
RV-7 One
RV-8 Sixteen Including one built by a "Rocket Scientist"
RV-10 One
-----------
Six until I fly the RV-1

Four different models, 4, 6, 7, 8A. Six if you add -6A and 7A. (voted 4).

And I would have to say, the light wood proped RV-4 was the nicest to fly
(except for the darn manual flaps :eek: )

OK - rules clarification.....taildraggers and nosedraggers of the same model count as "1". If you have much time in any of them, you know that it doesn't make any real difference which end the little wheel is on....

6A
7A
8A
That is 9.
There IS a difference betweene the 6 and 6A, and 7 and 7A, 8 and 8A.
:D

If that is the case then I require an adjustment in the choices available... If we added in the RV-6T and RV-6B, I would need a selection of 12 ;)

Paul,

An "outside straight" of 4 by the poll's definition:
RV-6
RV-7A
RV-8
RV-9

5 if you add a Super Six
6 if you add a 9A
8 if you add an F1 and an HRII

8 smiles for sure, but I selected 4 for the poll. Halfway to perfection...just like my baffle re-do job currently is...ahem! ;)

And I'd trade rides any day! Would love to fly 'em all!

Cheers,
Bob

Back