What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

GTX 35R Transponder tray installation

Sclookout

Section 42N Garmin 3X Touch, Rev 1 shows GTX 23 in all drawings and states that GTX 35R is similar, use depiction of GTX23 as reference. All is well until 42N-14, figure 1. Mounting holes in tray do not line up with brackets, 5/8" difference. Checked Vans website to be sure I have the latest rev drawing. Checked forum and couldn't find where anyone else ran into this. What am I missing?

GTX 35R installation update

Apparently the avionics were updated to incorporate the GTX 35R but the plans were not updated to reflect this for the legacy RV-12 ULS. I received the F-00075 right bracket and F-00076 left bracket shown in the plans. The GTX 35R requires 2 F-00076's instead. Typical great service from Vans Support, correct bracket is in the mail and plans are being updated.

I received my avionics kit in July. Vans have still shipped the wrong brackets.
Also I have a 2009 fuse so don't have the holes for the GEA 24, backup battery, control box and the GU22.

Surely Vans can see when they shipped your fuse and just add the drill template.
Really frustrating when needed parts are always 4 weeks wait to get to and cleared in South Africs.

Back