What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

A Day @ Montauk Pt NY KMTP

turbo

Well Known Member
photo3.jpg

Yesterday was perfect at kmtp. sunny, hot and calm breezes. after parting with some $$$ for landing we hoofed it to to east end of the runway
photo2-1.jpg

and crossed over the sand dunes.

photo4.jpg

the beach was deserted and we walked looking for 'treasures'.
photo5.jpg

the west end is a camping area for rv's:D yes the mortor vehicle type.

http://vid1130.photobucket.com/albums/m537/turboeddie/IMG_0427.mp4

by then we were thirsty and ready to eat. a long walk back to the fbo and taxi ride and we were sitting on the edge of the inlet to montauk harbor entrance ready to eat our surf n turf and salad.

summer is almost over but the good wx just keeps on coming. :)

enjoy your rv filled weekend. ;)

Love it

One of my favorite spots, despite the recently increased landing fee ($20 I recall).

Inlet seafood within walking distance to the airport is great as well, and if you have room for a collapsible bike or two it makes that journey to the beach more pleasant. I have yet to take the cab ride to downtown will need to try that next time.

Not sure what runway you came in on, but if you come in on RW 6 it is a nice view of the boats in the harbor as you approach right over the town.

I even come here in the winter at times to walk along the beach in my ski jacket :) No landing fee then ;)

Great choice

Montauk in the off season is great! Fantastic beach and The Inlet has the best seafood around.

Here is a shot I snapped a few years ago down by the on beach camper area

80pKzM.jpg

Last edited:
Back