What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Rio Concho Restaurant @ T67

mrreddick

Well Known Member
According to a notice posted in the latest issue of Flappings, Hicks Airfield's newsletter, on www.t67.org , the restaurant is scheduled to reopen on October 18th with a new owner giving it a go.
The runway at Hicks is being resealed that week but is scheduled to be finished in time for the weekend flyers to try out Rio Concho on the 22nd. It looks like they will be closed on Mondays but will serve breakfast & lunch on Sat & Sun.

I sure hope that happens, but i drove past it yesterday and everything looked the same. If they are going to reopen they need to get going!

It sure would be nice to have a place for lunch again.

Rio Concho

Last word I got from Barbie, last Saturday, was that they are having delay from Tarrant County health inspector coming out to give them the okay. Since it was closed for so long they are treating it as a NEW business, not an existing one. :confused:

They are working on it. They have new name The BEACON.
I don't think they will be open this SATURDAY the 5th.
The sooner the better. :)

The Beacon @ T67

Talked with the new owner yesterday and he plans for a "soft" opening hopefully by next Thursday, November 10. Everything depends on the County inspector showing up on Wednesday.
When they do get up and running, the hours of operation will be Monday thru Saturday, 8am to 2pm, closed on Sunday.

Progress spotted

New sign up!

IMG00067-S.jpg

The door says open M-Sa 8 - 2 pm. It will be nice to have a restaurant on the field again.

Back