What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

G3X touch question

Hopefully this question lands in the right location. If not,,, sorry Doug. I have a GTN 650 with 2 G3X touch screens and have managed to get through most issues involving user ignorance. The one thing that continues to bug me is when in chart mode I can't get it to track up on the screen. Is this possible or should I just get over it?

Hopefully this question lands in the right location. If not,,, sorry Doug. I have a GTN 650 with 2 G3X touch screens and have managed to get through most issues involving user ignorance. The one thing that continues to bug me is when in chart mode I can't get it to track up on the screen. Is this possible or should I just get over it?

Chart mode is only north up, the reasoning is it would be difficult to read charts upside down. There may have been a update to allow track up, but this was the case a year ago. I default the MFD to chart mode and the PFD to split screen with map mode.

G3X question

Thanks for the answer. It's an awesome panel without a doubt . Not a deal breaker but upside down or not I would track up if possible.

Garmin's map is a nice alternative and gives that option. If you touch a navaid or airport on the map can pull up freq's etc. Easy to toggle between the two - map and chart.

Thanks guys. I've been flying with foreflight for years and have been spoiled to the track up. I have been using the map. You know??? "Old dog new trick" . I'm very happy with the panel and all the options garmin has in there.

Back