What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Engine cowlings - 180hp vs 200hp

nzrv8

Well Known Member
Morning All,

This may have been answered before, please point me to the right thread if so, I couldn't find the right answers when I searched.

I have a parallel valve cowl (scoop in the lower cowl) but I have ended up with a 200hp engine (Angle valve). I know from reading on here that the 200hp won't fit the parallel valve cowl out of the box.

What are the actual differences between the two cowls? Can my cowl be modified to fit the angle valve engine? Or am I better off buying a new cowl from Vans? My engine is in pieces or I'd just mount it up and have a look.

Being at the bottom of the world means freight costs about twice as much as the actual part..

Cheers :)

Hugh

me don't know

Hate to see you hanging out there. I really don't have the answer, but anything can be fixed with fiberglass if you don't mind itching a little.
I think if I remember that far back that it is injected verses carb. that is what you have to pick out for the Cowling. The injected with a front facing servo is smooth and has no inlet on the bottom front. The updraft type configuration has the ram Air port on the front lower Cowling. You can E-mail or call Van's for the good answer for this one. Yours, R.E.A. III #80888

Back