What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Looking for oil analysis data.....

Bad1996

Does anyone have oil analysis data that they will share with me ? Mine is a 914 but 912 data is fine. I just got my first one back from Blackstone and it wasn't the greatest report. That said, it looks like they only have a single 914 "universal avg" and it was a 15 hour oil change. Makes no sense to me and I will call them but just got the report last night. Why even bother listing a 15 hour oil change as an average. Mine showed high iron (and silicon, check filter) 188 hours since rebuild at South Mississippi. 48 hours on the oil. If you have something I would greatly appreciate it. If easier to e-mail: [email protected] Thanks, Tony

Tony,

I have about 20 reports from Blackstone on my 914. Now has over 700 hours. Do you want me to email the pdf's to you?

Jim Butcher
Europa XS Rotax 914

Tony,

I have about 20 reports from Blackstone on my 914. Now has over 700 hours. Do you want me to email the pdf's to you?

Jim Butcher
Europa XS Rotax 914

That would be great ! It's strange the way they said (basically) no 914 data. I need to post it here to see if I'm reading their note correctly. I have used them 10+ years on another aircraft.

They had mine as 914, now it is listed as 914UL and they show more data but still an avg of 25 hours on the oil changes. I did tell them that all 914's should probably be listed together.

Thanks to Jim for a bunch of data !!

My latest samples:

2ecpzm1.jpg

Back