What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Wiring your own transponder

dave4754

Well Known Member
Has anyone here wired their own transponder?

I should say built their own harness to attach the encoder to the transponder?

I have a NArco AT 50A and would like to make a harness for the ACK encoder, i did buy the book for 100 dollars for the pinouts but find a few wires EXTRA lol.

At any rate just wondering how far my building buddies go in wiriing these things.

Dave

Dave - wiring up the transponder is a relatively easy task. Most will mention that an AT50 is getting pretty long in the tooth and has kind of fallen off the edge of the earth in terms of support.

I'm curious about the $100 book for pinouts... As Mike has posted above, most of the pinouts are available on-line for, well, nuthin'.

If you wish, post your wiring diagram here and I'm sure some folks will help in pointing out the source of yoru "extra" wires.

Also, be aware that ACK has made multiple encoder models over the years - get your model "dash" number right when referencing wiring diagrams, otherwise you'll end up with a wiring harness for an encoder you don't own. It's really pretty simple.

Back