Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Old 10-21-2017, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYTOM View Post
He's not home yet ! I expect another final episode on Monday. Although he could leave us with another cliffhanger since this is his second season and I'm hoping he does a third season again next summer. That is if Armageddon doesn't happen. Actually going to miss his daily posts. He's gives a very good insight on what a tour to small airports in the USA would be like and the varied receptions he received. And his photography is outstanding.
The season finale! I'm on the edge!
RV10 - Empennage (Started March 2017)
St. Albert, Alberta, Canada
2017 dues paid
Reserved:C-GRPY (GRumPY)
Old 10-23-2017, 11:54 AM

I flew to Catalina several times in the 80s, 90s and early 2000s. Last time I was there was probably 2002. Runway used to be in much better shape, and it was always a fun trip. Justin and his clan should be ashamed of the trashy facility they lord over now. I'll probably never return.
2017 dues paid!
Old 10-27-2017, 04:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperDave View Post
It appears our good friend Scott needs to review #8 of the 10 Commandments. The people that run that airport on Catalina Island are operating a business and I doubt they take kindly to people trying to run off without paying their bill. I'm sure they have seen it before and obviously knew what they had to do to stop a thief. Any admonishments Scott received were well deserved.
Really? It's Scott's story and I for one appreciate all the detail, pictures and time he took to write about his big adventure for others to enjoy and even to learn from. According to my understanding of his story, he was concerned about the aircraft, became angry, walked it off, made a mistake, contained his anger, apologized, paid his tab, and confessed it all here publicly on VAF. Any further admonishment here is totally undeserved as he has already been forgiven by those who he'd allegedly sinned against. Therefore your comment here is nothing more than a blemish, a cheap shot at the end of HIS fantastic story. I challenge you to apologize, and post on VAF a better story about a bigger adventure, sins and all.

Bevan.
Precision F.I. with AP purge valve
Vinyl Wrapped Exterior
Grand Rapids EFIS
Located in western Canada

Last edited by Bevan : 10-27-2017 at 05:12 AM. Reason: Missing word
Old 10-27-2017, 01:51 PM

I'm still wondering if he made it home ok to Merced. In the last episode he was flying in the dark over what looked like Alamitos bay heading toward Los Angles and he made the statement "I saw it coming". Hope it wasn't a 747 out of LAX.
Old 10-27-2017, 07:17 PM

Default American Transience

He made it home. I saw his RV-8 at the Half Moon bay airport last Saturday.
Old 10-27-2017, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYTOM View Post
I'm still wondering if he made it home ok to Merced. In the last episode he was flying in the dark over what looked like Alamitos bay heading toward Los Angles and he made the statement "I saw it coming". Hope it wasn't a 747 out of LAX.
Extra dramatic cliff hanger until next years adventures! Roll with it.
2017 Donation paid...
Old 10-29-2017, 07:43 AM

Is there going to be a conclusion to this trip across the USA, which has been interesting so far, or are we just waiting for the end of everything? I don't mind which it is, but I'd just like to know.

Last edited by rgmwa : 11-04-2017 at 05:50 AM.