Originally Posted by Dayton Murdock
I have decided to upgrade my RV-4 with a O360 C/S and this will be the thread of that process.
I look forward to any commits and advise
Having done this conversion for several friends over the years here are a few points to ponder...
1. Vetterman 4 pipe won’t fit the same, you’ll need a new #4 pipe.
2. Will need new baffling/plenum/carb intake scoop. Yup, have to cut cowl.
3. May need to tweak cowling for fit, 0360 is wider.
4. New CG/Restricred AW cert required, logbook entry/FSDO visit easiest.
5. Bottom line? $3000 per knot/100fpm climb increase.
PS: It didn't dogfight any better either but (as mentioned above) takeoff/climb mucho grande.