What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Firewall Cable Locations / IO360 (Vertical)

n4322b

I am trying to get as much work on teh firewall done as possible before I mount the engine and would appreciate anyones' experiences with the Vans suggested locations for the control cables.
For a vertical throttle body (IO360 B1B with airflow perfromance throttle body) the manual suggests to use the carburettor related locations for mixture and throttle.
How did they work out and were the "standard" control cables sufficient in length ?
Thanks
Ian

That's great - thanks. The vans drawing would I think, have mad me put the mixture higher still and didn't seem right.
cheers
Ian

I have an AFP FM-150 and this is what my firewall looked like before installing engine:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0SnNGSPyuSheEd5bVduM2VXM28/view?usp=sharing

The lower hole by the main fuel fitting is throttle, and the one up and right slightly is mixture. I am pretty sure I had the mixture cable for IO, and it is longer than it needed to be. I did have to modify the cable attach bracket on the engine for the mixture.

James, did you rivet the center rib structure to the firewall later?

Kentlik, if you mean the two rivets up in the middle to the forward sub-panel rib, then yes, that was done once I made the cuts to the sub-panel for the radios and was ready to rivet that in place.

Back