What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

California Capitol Airshow - 2014

JoeBlank

Well Known Member
Last weekend the West Coast Ravens performed in yet another California Capitol Airshow at the Mather Airport in Sacramento CA. Both days formations were well flown with 22 aircraft separated into 3 flight groups. The 'Overcast' flight of 14, Mustang flight of 6, and 2 'Solos'.

Tommy 'Turbo' Ishii did an outstanding job of organizing, briefing, and leading the flight. Kudos to Tim 'Tank' Redden and Axel (Axo here in VAF) Alvarez for further assistance, organization, and formation planning. Special thanks to Pat 'Dulette' Dulaney for her outstanding ground and air to air photography. There are certainly others that were involved that I can't begin to thank enough...

Here are a couple of teaser photos and others can be seen clicking this link:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/105698743316868658600/albums/6058320477927448929

IMG_4074-XL.jpg

IMG_3414-XL.jpg

IMG_4086-XL.jpg

IMG_3847-XL.jpg

Well done Ravens!

Tommy 'Turbo' Ishii did an outstanding job of organizing, briefing, and leading the flight.

Wasn't there a couple "firsts" that happened with this???

Youngest flight lead as I recall, and the largest group to fly an event on the left coast.

Good job, Turbo:D

IMG_3856-XL.jpg

Last edited:
WOW!

My Gosh'k! That is insanely cool! You guys are Rock Stars!

Thanks for the inspiration! Hope to be there soon.

Nice job Ravens, looking good. The first pic with that interesting smoke trail dispersion, was the ride bumpy?

Only improvement I can see is ya need more smokers :)

Thanks cobra.

Airshow days were not too bumpy. Mainly the standard lift over the runway and crowd due to heat.

Back