What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Please assist

Stephen Humphries

I'm New Here
Gentlemen,
I have a instrument (Window) on my RV6 panel.
On the left is an ON/OFF Switch labeled ADV
On the right is a rotary switch CYL 1 2 3 4.

Could someone please explain the System name and proper use of this
Ignition Advance system..

Regards, Steve Humphries

Last edited:
What ignition system are you running? The ADV switch reminds me of the original Electroair systems where you could run fixed or variable timing at the flip of a switch. The 1-2-3-4 rotary switch sounds like one for a CHT gauge with only one readout, so you got to select the cylinder of interest.

Kyle

You, Sir, I believe are on it.
Yes Electroair Ignition system is installed.
I wonder how I would know which Cylinder is monitored are are all of them monitored.

Now I may be able to google it, thanks Kyle.

You, Sir, I believe are on it.
Yes Electroair Ignition system is installed.
I wonder how I would know which Cylinder is monitored are are all of them monitored.

Now I may be able to google it, thanks Kyle.

All of the cylinders are probably hooked to the rotary switch. You just turn the dial to "1" and the gauge shows what that cylinder is doing. Then rotate it to "2" and the gauge will read what's going on with #2, lather, rinse, repeat for #3 and #4.

Electroair

Thanks Kyle,
I now have found the manual amongst all the paperwork that came with the aircraft. Now I know what it is, why its there, how to use it and by all accounts its a very beneficial system. I will turn it on in cruise above 6000 and see the results. Fascinating concept. I thank you for responding and putting me on the Track Kyle, Regards, Steve/N725ES

Back