What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Milestone: Passed test.

DeltaRomeo

doug reeves: unfluencer
Staff member
Guess who has an amateur radio license, Technician class, as of 3:30 PM Sunday, September 25th?

(Elvis voice) "Thankyaverymuch!!!"

Woop Woop! Are you lucky enough to have an active repeater nearby? Panel mount HF, anyone?

==dave==
AJ4DL

Oddly enough, 52F is in something of a dead spot. There do not appear to be many repeaters. There is one just south-east of Decatur, another at Texas Woman's University, and a third at the University of Texas at Dallas.

If anyone at 52F has an "always on" internet connection, I can assist with an iGate.

Last edited:
Interesting. Hams and homebuilders

I'm 54 and have had my general ticket since I was 16 - wow that's 38 years. Back then I never dreamed I'd build and fly my own plane. But in a crazy way it was ham radio that got me into aviation. After college I was hired as an avionics engineer by a defense contractor during the Reagan years. My knowledge of radio through my amateur radio experience opened the door to military aviation and hence my exposure to general aviation. Besides the recent APRS interest and resulting desire to get a ham license, I wonder how many aviators have been hams for decades?

W3MES

Back