- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Go Back   VAF Forums > Regional Forums > California
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-10-2019, 12:06 AM

Talking FFI Formation Clinic At Madera, CA

The Vans RV formation clinic at Madera was a great success. I was accompanied on a number of 2 ship and 4 ship flights with a safety pilot. One of the safety pilots happen to be a DPE! It seems to me that it does not get much safer than having a designated FAA examiner on board!
It was a great experience being able to fly with some of the top formation pilots in the state of California and perhaps the western United States.
A 30 ship formation flight ended the flying formally on Sunday.
I am grateful to all the veterans who participated in this event to make it safe for everybody involved.
As for my progress in STUBBS? I am able to do the entire IAC primary sequence without getting nauseated. I have been conditioning myself to know what 2 Gs, and 3 Gs feels like.
I have ordered the 4 1/2 gallon smoke system from Marvin and will be installing that in the summer.
I am currently accompanying my wife on a trip to various parts of Asia. While I enjoy traveling with my wife I am chomping at the bit to get back at flying aerobatics and formation!

Blue Skies!
160 HP O320, CS Hartzell Prop
2018 Dues Paid
Old 05-10-2019, 06:24 AM

I saw some pictures and videos from some friends who went. Looked like an absolute blast. I nearly went and pulled my vernier throttle on the spot!

RV-6A
Learning something knew everyday.
Donated dollars - 2019