What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Integrated RV-14 Introduction Thread

Whatever it is I am sure if you put Marvel Mystery Oil in the oil and gas it will start better, go faster and last longer.
Untitled_1_copy_Small_003.jpg

Just called to order my -14 avionics kit and found out they are on hold until they work out the holodeck interface issue. Rats... another delay.

Bob

The announcement at SNF is so amazing, the new aircraft is so epic, that everyone there is too awestruck to say anything or write anything online, including Van's marketing team. Everyone within hearing distance has their wallets open and are signing up for all the first run kits!

There really is an RV-13A

I did a Google Search for "RV-14A" and found out there is an RV-13A! I think I could build this one pretty quick!! ;)

And it says the RV-13A "will not be available to the public until the RV-14 or RV-14A comes out."

Maybe this is how Van's does their prototype design.

I'm guessing

I'm not saying I've seen it but I'd say 2 seats, low wing and and it flies like an RV... and it's super awesome!!!!! I don't see a production RV-13... I'd say pay attention to facebook... it might come out there first...

Last edited:
yes

All you guys gotta do is call your friendly satellite recon office and order up some images.... or know somebody that works at a friendly govt agency :) You might be surprised what kind of rivet detail you can get from a good sat image :)
Best
Brian
(Disclaimer - I have no knowledge of such agency or aircraft mentioned anywhere in this forum thread and the information I have stated was just a guess)

Last edited:
A few pages back I guessed IO-233 powered...Prompted by another thread I was on Larry Vetterman's website earlier and noticed that mid-2011 he announced he had developed an exhaust system for that engine.

I could be adding 2 and 2 and making 5 of course... :D

I think it just arrived at SNF, but it apparently has a built-in device that kills all electronic devices within 50 miles....

Seriously, has anyone heard anything?

Last edited:
April fools?

Honestly, I think we jumped the gun a little and caught the mother ship in their own joke! I think the joke is on us :eek:

They must me splitting a gut by now.

joke?

Honestly, I think we jumped the gun a little and caught the mother ship in their own joke! I think the joke is on us :eek:

Maybe so, but a pretty elaborate joke when you consider they registered it with the FAA! :rolleyes:

If only there was a comma between the 1 and the 4.

Then you could consider it as a date-------first day of the fourth month.

Registered with the FAA!

Thats the only part that doesn't really fit well into an April Fools joke.

So, like the rest of you, I'm dying to know what's going on. Many have offered great suggestions and wishes, all of them really exciting. So come on Vans, time to spill the beans :D You're killing us!

A few pages back I guessed IO-233 powered...Prompted by another thread I was on Larry Vetterman's website earlier and noticed that mid-2011 he announced he had developed an exhaust system for that engine.

I could be adding 2 and 2 and making 5 of course... :D

FWIW (nothing), I think that's a good bet, given Van's longstanding relationship with Lycoming. It would be surprising if they didn't eventually dream up something with `total performance' to hang off the back of this engine.

lots of fun for $10

Thats the only part that doesn't really fit well into an April Fools joke.

So, like the rest of you, I'm dying to know what's going on. Many have offered great suggestions and wishes, all of them really exciting. So come on Vans, time to spill the beans :D You're killing us!

For the $10 fee to FAA, I'm saying they got their moneys worth. I have spend way more than that for less fun!

In reality, I believe something is up at Vans, and the mystery is just a bonus for them. I think the new little Lycoming will be part of it.

For the $10 fee to FAA, I'm saying they got their moneys worth. I have spend way more than that for less fun!

In reality, I believe something is up at Vans, and the mystery is just a bonus for them. I think the new little Lycoming will be part of it.

For the nth time - it's a registered airplane, not an n-number reservation.

Doesn't mean there's anything resembling a completed aircraft, though...could be nothing more than a set of wing spars or maybe an empennage part is complete, or perhaps even nothing.

There's no airworthiness certificate associated with it, so it could be in virtually ANY stage of design and/or completion, right?

I keep asking Shadey what the pool is at now for how long this thread gets :D...

...but he aint sayin' ;).

Jaime, so is 214VA it's "nth" number? :p

Just jokin' around...interest is piqued as well...still have popcorn left...;)

Cheers,
Bob

not N-Number reservation

You are correct that it isn't an N Number reservation, but are you sure it is a complete, registered airplane? There is no engine manufacture or engine serial number. I was unaware that you could register an airplane without that information. What is checked to see if it is airworthy? I believe there would be additional information available other then the generic info on the N Number registry if it were a completed aircraft.

I looked at the bottom of the form and it included the following:

The information contained in this record should be the most current Airworthiness information available in the historical aircraft record. However, this data alone does not provide the basis for a determination regarding the airworthiness of an aircraft or the current aircraft configuration. For specific information, you may request a copy of the aircraft record at Http://aircraft.faa.gov/e.gov/ND/airrecordsND.asp

If you want a copy of the record, that's the link. I would rather just have fun wondering.

Hershey Bar wings

No, your all wrong.

Van got upset about the Hershey bar wing comments and has done a tapered wing design, or elliptical.

I like Hershey bar wings, well I don't mind them........ but a taper wing or elliptical wing design would be fantastic.

:D

My guess

RV-12 'follow on design. LSA or EAB. American engine - tandem seating - tail dragger or 'A' model. Fuel in the wings. I'd like to see Catto three blade prop as standard equipment. Capable of 'gentlemans aerobatics'.

Last edited by a moderator:
I ordered one

I had a little fun with the Van's gal yesterday. I'm not sure who it was. Is there an Anna there? It wasn't Barb.

Me: I need these replacement parts and you probably ought to throw in a calendar.
Her: OK, anything else. We'll ship priority mail, etc., etc.
Me: Nope, thats it......................Oh ya, I almost forgot, I would like to order a RV-14A
Her:
Me: Hello? :D
Her: Um, that's not on the order form
Me: I didn't see it on the online order form either, figured I needed to call it in.
Her: You can't order anything that isn't on the form.
Me: Well OK, but tell the guys that someone called in and tried to order a RV-14A.

I thought it was funny. I hope the folks at Van's got a laugh out of it especially considering it may not even exist

If there is to be an announcement, I would bet it will happen at Oshkosh given the importance to Van this year. I also wouldn't be surprised if a weird looking airplane doesn't show up at the the Arlington Fly-in in early july as Van's always attends since it is so close to the factory and would be a nice little cross country trip for it.

14a

6 place, turbine, pressurized, 290-320 knot cruise, standard vans short field take off and landing rolls, $200,000 range completed cost.

Is it just an optical illusion, but is the home page picture on Van's site a new airplane design?

To me, it looks like an RV-8 with high aspect ratio wings (like an RV-9). Is this the tail dragger version of the legendary RV-14A?

Go look...

Which photo?

Is it just an optical illusion, but is the home page picture on Van's site a new airplane design?

To me, it looks like an RV-8 with high aspect ratio wings (like an RV-9). Is this the tail dragger version of the legendary RV-14A?

Go look...

Huh? :confused:

I see an RV-8 at the top, then four smaller photos across, namely, RV-3, RV-7A, RV-8A and RV-10.

That burgundy, or dark red, airplane in a steep bank is an RV-8 and the photo was made a long time ago over the coast of either Washington or Oregon.

Which photo are you talking about?

Back