What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

G-900X and Red Cube

Plummit

Well Known Member
I have a G-900X that I just updated to Software 718.19 and I had to re-load the aircraft calibrations. Now my fuel flow is off (reads too low). The G3Xpert advised me to load the FT60 transducer but it still is off. There is no way I'm burning 6/GPH at cruise.

Is there another selection I should try? I'd like to get the FF more in tune with the real world.

-Marc

Last edited:
I'm using .18 which works fine. I'm told vers .19 just has support for a box I don't have, sorry can't remember what it was. If you don't need .19 then the painful task of loading .18 might fix it.
Martin

I'm using .18 which works fine. I'm told vers .19 just has support for a box I don't have, sorry can't remember what it was. If you don't need .19 then the painful task of loading .18 might fix it.
Martin

I doubt that installing the .18 revision will help. Since I posted I've come to the conclusion that I may have to enter a value on the fuel calibration page for the K factor of the Red Cube. The Hotel revision of the manual isn't too specific; They mention the 'flo-scan' sensor but Spruce talks about the k factor of the red cube being 68000 and using 680 as a programming figure.

I would think that if you configured the flow transducer for the FT60 that would automatically set the k factor but maybe not.

-Marc

Back