What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Key West CAVU DAY with Turbo & Kim

turbo

Well Known Member
Wheels up 8:30 battling 30 mph headwinds, arrive 10am. #370-381. Goped into town,walk around and hook up with jack and jeb from the uncontrolled airspace podcast and have a great lunch at Alonsos on the docks. #382-403. depart key west and fly the island chain at 1,000 feet to miami. #404-421. flying the coastline we get chased down by a rocket who we spoke to when we both passed over the ocean reef club miles before. he was behind and said he was landing at tamiami. turned out not before catching up, then pealing off just before we entered fort lauderdales airspace with ower clearance. smart guy. #422-432. as the sun sets we reach stuart just as darkness falls. what a RV day. as it turns out kim lost her bracelet when she tripped over the wire tie down at the airport. a call to the fbo and a fedex package has it on its way. those magnetic clasps are not too secure.

enjoy the pics: [http://gallery.mac.com/edarcy#100309&bgcolor=black&view=grid

img0386w.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Great photos.

I'm planning to fly down to Orlando later next month and I think I'll head on down to Key West as well. I've had some great times in the Keys but haven't been there for years.

Well Done, Turbo!

Great photos of one of the most scenic rides in Florida. Never tire of the low altitude flight over the chain of keys.

Small group from X39 and ZPH heading to Cedar Key on a seafood lunch mission next Sunday. JOIN US! Great photo ops there starting at the Crystal River power plant to CDK.

hurt me

Just got back the 17th from an extended stay there.

With the "warm up" here up to around 32 I miss the temps and all my friends down there.

Glad you had fun.

Sometime if you havent done it visit Le Creperie for breakfast, awesome!

Perfect timing for those of us battling the snow in the NE. Reminds me that summer will be back someday. Thanx!

Key West

Ed,

Great Post! Sure beats the weather here in New England! With I was there too!
But I can't seem to figure out why you have that heavy coat on down there. Thought that it was warmer than that.....

fred, the wx was 65 .......

with a 15 kt north breeze. humidity about 80%. i would rather be warm than cold. compared to you guys it is paradise. all the people with t's and shorts were from way north. white as a ghost and smiling. not many people in key west though. sounds like a record breaking winter up there. your half way there.:)

Key West Trip...

Ed:

Did you see an E-3 at the NAS when you flew over? I was in Key West Tuesday - Friday with one of those old tired birds, unlike yours which has minimal maintenance issues no doubt! It would have been fun to see your RV had I known you were there in town.

Blue skies

Doug Lomheim
RV-9A; Mazda 13B / FWF / Electrical

One day stop

We are going to be in Key West on a cruise stop. Been years since I've been back. Any ideas on the best way to spend 8 hrs or so?

maybe take the conch train/bus tour first to see the whole picture, then decide what you want to do. 8 hours goes very fast. have fun and post some pictures.

Back