What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Dynon classic skyview displaying only lines from top to bottom

KitfoxJoe

Hey gang
Need help. Went out to the hangar today after not flying for three months. Turned on the mast switch and the only thing I get on my dynon skyview display is lines from top to bottom. The skyview worked perfect the last time I flew. Tried rebooting(pushing1,2 and 5 bottoms) but the display only goes blank then the lines come back. Called dynon but no response yet. I believe I have the most up to date software and I only have one 10" display. Any thoughts? Thanks inadvance. Joe

I had this same problem one day, where my AFS EFIS (now merged with Dynon) displayed only vertical lines. I re-seated the ribbon connector to the screen, and it has worked fine ever since.

Hey gang
Just wanted to post update. Dynon called me back today. They said that my dynon back up battery was probably depleted and the skyview was not booting up because all the power is going to the back up battery. They said hook up a battery charger to the main aircraft battery and turn on master. Turn everything else off and let the dynon back up battery charge. And sure enough 5 minutes later the skyview display was working again. Thanks Dynon. Joe

Back