What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

New iPhone on You Tube

Beautiful aint it!

Im in love with that device. I work in the mobile game development space and am trying, with no success to levrage my relationship with Apple to get one for development purposes! :) Highly... HIGHLY unlikely. But I have to try.

I guess that's why their stock went up $7 today.

It'll make a nice weather phone/ipod/in-flight entertainment center/back-up gps.

Hmmm... runs Mac OS X with bluetooth, includes Google maps and has a built in accelerometer. Add a GPS link maybe you have Mac EFIS? iNav?

This thing brought a tear to my eye. Looks like the 7A budget is going to take a hit when this is available. :eek:

-Rick

RV_7A said:
My wife works for Apple. I'm down for 2 of them! :p

-Jeff

rickmellor said:
Hmmm ... I know that Apple employees get one heck of a price break. Any chance of a group buy!? ;)

-Rick

my long lost Cousin Jeff ;) ... boy is mom going to be glad to hear you are alive and doing well....

:D

John

TShort said:
Their current deal is with Cingular.

thx...

that'll work nicely - good network in the StL area [although not my current provider to whom I'm NOT married]

John

Hold your horses. At the end of the Apple page there is a small text:"This device has not been authorized as required by the rules of the Federal Communications Commission. This device is not, and may not be, offered for sale or lease, or sold or leased, until authorization is obtained." Hopefully they get it done by June.

Just when you think electronics couldn?t get any better, it makes me wonder what the heck could possibly be next.

Any imaginative ideas lurking? Maybe it could have keyless entry to my car and manage all the climate control, radio, windows and even start the engine or open my garage door and have a stun gun built in. Or maybe a TV remote and control the lights in my home. How about walkie talkie too so when I'm outside I can bleep bleep my wife inside or she could bleep bleep me without using cell. Man with all this GUI stuff the possibilites are endless.

-Jeff

Just when I got all comfy with the 700p. :mad:
Now will this wonderful thing sync with the windoz? And run medical SW?
Are the apps which run on PPC/WM5?palm OS compatible with it?
This has always been the problem with Macs. Love it but has limitted potential in the long run. Kids would love to have music/videos all the time, but ... in the real world will this work?

After years of frustration with windows mobile on PDA's and the crappy Microsoft activesync which quits working for no reason half the time I gave up and bought a Nokia E62 phone which syncs with the PC every time all the time, has all my contacts and appointments, runs many applications including weather and aviation software, browses the web and has quad band and good battery life. If the iphone works as well and also lets you have music and video on the go (I have the video ipod) I have to believe it will do well as I think most people just want something that works and want to carry fewer devices.

rickmellor said:
Hmmm ... I know that Apple employees get one heck of a price break. Any chance of a group buy!? ;)

-Rick
Actually not, my sister works for them, family gets 15% on computers, about 10% on peripherals. The actual employees get ONE 25% discount on a computer per year. Not that good.

Back