What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Basin Harbor VT Fun.............who shrunk the pilots?

turbo

Well Known Member
Basin Harbor VT Fun.............Honey, who shrunk the pilots?

we pulled it together at the last moment and had a blast eating, laughing and swimming in lake champlain. four rvs(3,6 9 10), a cub, and husky, stearman cancelled out, arrived at B06 and had a great lunch on turbo. once they realized i was treating the deserts started coming. there was a lot to celebrate about, als rv3, and especially vlads Alaska trip. i now get the whole picture. enjoy your weekend and oshkosh party. al thanks for the pic, good laughs here.
photo-3.jpg

photo1.jpg

Als new to him rv3. ;)

P1010685.jpg

vmans well worn rv9, now gravel tested. :eek:

photo-2.jpg

johns cub, rv8 resting at the creek.

21b30c7784329d6ae267d3d86755df1e.jpg

marks over the top dot.com built 10 which broke the budget.:eek:

_DSC8070copy.jpg

and my old dog, just keeps on ticking.:)

Last edited:
What a day!

Turbo the Instigator thank you for putting it together. Those who were informed and didn't come you missed a day of fun. Swim in Champlain Lake, great lunch funded by Turbo and a lot of cool flying.

The Dancing Lineman Turbo.

Turbo with my hero John.

My hat is off to Al. He got his private couple months ago and is already landing his own RV taildragger on the grass! Good job Sir good job. Epic!

Great swim lots of bikinis...

Put a little airshow over BH. I couldn't get Turbo off my six.

John went vertical in his Cub and did three loops non stop what a stick! Then he showed me some beaver dams somewhere in VT. I would have been lost if I went alone.

Day of fun was topped visiting a glide port. Small world full of RV people. Come all to Intervale on Sat. Bring your coins Turbo's wallet is empty :D

I was on my sailboat at Basin Harbour friday and left saturday morning at 10am. I wish I had known you guys were gone be there, I would have stayed to shake your hands.

Michel

I was on my sailboat at Basin Harbour friday and left saturday morning at 10am. I wish I had known you guys were gone be there, I would have stayed to shake your hands.

Michel

Michael, what a small world. Just missed you. You would of known we were there if you stayed a little longer.

Vlad, that was a great view of your 9 from your six. Wish I could of stayed for the rest of the day but family comes first.

Next Saturday we will be invading NH86 intervale is southern New Hampshire. This is a private paved runway. Will start a new thread for it.

Last edited:
You guys always manage great fun! The Devastator will be resting at Rochester on Saturday. IF Intervale is early enough, I'll pop over but need to be back for afternoon commitment :D

Lake Champlain

Man you guys are looking pretty small in them
there chairs! Turbo, thanks for putting together
A great trip. That RV-3 is awesome. Got my transition
Training and tail endorsement in an RV-6 with Jan Bussell
In Fla. great training!! Jan is a great guy and fantastic teacher.
Looking forward to more trips with you guys. Let's
Do Nova Scotia to Stanley again. Visit Paul Tuttle. Thanks for the pics
Vlad.

Back