What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

anybody in the chattanooga area?

Aviator

Well Known Member
We are hoping to move to the Chattanooga area and am looking for contacts there. Any hangars available? We did vist and found that collegeddale has a decent runway with inst app, but has NO hangars avail. What do you guys do? Where do you hangar? Options?

I don't have much advice for Chattanooga proper, but you could always try Lafayette, GA, which isn't too far south. I fly over there regularly, and *think* you could find hangar space there. It seems to be an aviation friendly place.

Another airport just south of you is Dalton, GA. It is a very underutilized GA field. The Airport Manager, who also runs the FBO has created multiple policies that make the airport very unfriendly to GA. Nice runway, plenty of ramp and hangar space, but no airplanes. There is a reason...

Marion Co airport (APT) is about the same distance west of Chattanooga as Collegdale is East of Chattanooga. The last time I was there it appeared that they may have available hanger space.

Jearld
Bryant, AL

Airports near Chattanooga

jtsmith said:
Marion Co airport (APT) is about the same distance west of Chattanooga as Collegdale is East of Chattanooga. The last time I was there it appeared that they may have available hanger space.

Jearld
Bryant, AL
Been to APT and collegedale on our last visit. APT appears really rundown, with the hangars appearing like they will collapse antime soon. They have some new ones though.
Collegedale is verynice, although they have no room.
Would still like to hear from locals and everybody about the area and good suggestions.
Thanks for the replies.

Just an update. We moved to Chatt and based my plane in Dallas Bay(1A0 ) because we bought a house about 5 min from the airport. Collegedale was all the way across the city and a 45min drive one way. Anyway, the owners were sweet, managed to put my plane in the FBO's hangar for a short while. Guess what, got a small individual T hangar yesterday and am happy. Has power and a concrete floor. Collegedale has a 5 -6 yr waiting.
Now I need to hook up with local flyers. Hungry. Where are the places to fly to and eat? My daughter wants to know.

Back