What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Equipment for gentleman aerobatics.

hempy.4

Guys,
Could someone straighten me out on the equipment needed to do loops and aileron rolls. I have finished the emp for my 7A and the wings are on a truck headed this way. So, flop tube, pressurized oil, fuel injection?? Or is anything needed as long as I maintain positive G's?

Im a long way from this point... but what is needed for negative g's? Id like to be able to do any and all I can should I ever get the proper training.

Going negative

Well there is argument that your engine will withstand momentary oil starvation and indeed even with an inverted oil system there is momentary starvation...Or at least a pressure drop.

As it is also possible to go unintentionally negative (particularly when starting out)...I.e when you botch a manouver.

But I digress, you will need inverted oil. Raven is the cheapest and I bought -10 hose and fittings from Summit Racing.

Inverted flop tubes will be required in one or both tanks..I have mine in both.

i would strongly advise NOT going with the standard Vans seat belts as there is very little holding you in the airplane when hanging upside down....There are some threads on this site discussing alternatives.

For me I added a backup lap belt eith the hook and eye type buckle. You will need a 5 point harness, not the 4 point.

Apart from Parachutes for all occupants if taking passengers and a sic sac...thats all you need.

Frank

Back