What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Electric Aileron Trim - Flexing

Jared_Solomon

Well Known Member
Hey All,

I just finished installing the electric aileron trim in the right wing of my RV-14A. A couple of things stuck out at me as odd and wanted to get some feedback from others.

1. After mounting the trim servo assembly and test fitting, i noticed the springs rubbing against the push/pull tube. I had to bend the servo arm up about 35 degrees in order to lift the springs high enough so they wouldn't rub against the push/pull tube

2. I've noticed a bit of flexing on the access cover and surrounding skin where the servo is mounted when moving the aileron through it's full range of motion. Are others finding the same thing?

Thanks!

Both are normal

Answering my own question in case some comes along looking for the same thing. Spoke to Van's this morning. The flexing on the access cover and surrounding areas are normal. The RV-10 does the same thing. They've haven't come across any reports of fatigue issues or anything of the sorts. They also mentioned that bending the servo arm up to keep the springs from rubbing is typical as well.

Back