What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Vancouver Island, Courtenay

dave_091

Hi guys,

I'm going to be starting a RV-8 build most likely within the next year. I live in Courtenay and I am about a 3 minute drive from the Airpark. I always see aircraft flying over my house, including a couple RV's that I consistently see from day to day. I would have to assume that those RV's are local. do any of you guys know local builders in the Courtenay area that I could get in touch with?

I heard through the grapevine that someone recently built an RV3b in Courtenay within approximately a one year timeframe. Now that is amazing! I'm sure I could learn a thing or two from this feller.

Cheers,

Schulzy

One way to search

using the TC reg search, I see 114 RV's in BC, one of which is Pat Higgins of Comox, shows his RV-8 based in Courtney.

the RV white pages may be another source....both have their flaws. My page says I'm based in Vernon, which is 8 years out of date!

..maybe just hang over the airport fence until someone asks you to wash their plane, in exchange for a ride!!! :D

( wait, wrong century, sorry!)

I thought the new RV-3B was based in Qualicum, but I could be wrong... I think the owner's name is Hal.

I'm based in Langley along with a dozen other RV's, but we all like going to Courtenay for lunch... The little diner on the field is small, but excellent. My wife has family in Cumberland, Qualicum, Victoria, and on Denman Island, so we get over there regularly.

I thought the new RV-3B was based in Qualicum, but I could be wrong... I think the owner's name is Hal.

I'm based in Langley along with a dozen other RV's, but we all like going to Courtenay for lunch... The little diner on the field is small, but excellent. My wife has family in Cumberland, Qualicum, Victoria, and on Denman Island, so we get over there regularly.

Walk down hangar row, you'll see a few rv's and maybe the owners.

Hi schultzy. I'm pretty sure Hal keeps his 3 in Courtenay. Definitely not QB.
I keep a 7 at Qualicum and a friend and I have just started building an 8.
Would be happy to share a coffee.
PM me if you like. Better still email. Address is in my profile.

Last edited:
Back