What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Trim wiring

SHF

I'm trying to wire up my trim system using various Garmin/Ray Allen/Aircraft Extra's components. I think I managed to figure most of it out. What I don't know is which wires on the Ray Allen RS2 to join to my OTTO 4 way trim to allow up/down trim from the rear seat. The 2 white ones or the red and black ones?

Wiring diagram here:

http://tinypic.com/r/muk76g/9

If anybody has a similar setup then please feel free to comment on the wiring too.

Last edited:
Your picture is not displaying. THe red gets aircraft power and the Black gets aircraft ground. The two whites go to the trim servo. If you are using a relay, then I?m not exactly sure how it would work, but you could probably run the 2 white wires to the input on the relay that the front stick grip would hook to and leave the power off, so the switch would be sending just ground to one side or the other of the relay. Another option would be to wire the power and ground and the the white wires to the output (trim motor) side of the relay.

Your picture is not displaying. .

Jesse, there is a work around to fool photo bucket into displaying pictures. I have it and they all display until PB figures out how to jam it, probably soon. I'm using Fore fox and a quick Google will get it for you. This situation will not fix itself, the photo sharing sights need revenue, the free lunch is coming to an end :):) Maybe we will be asked for a larger contribution to solve the problem, good solution, back to you get what you pay for.

Ok, so it may work if you leave the red disconnected and ground the black, then run the two whites to 3 & 4 on the relay. If you power the red and ground the black, then run them to pins 11 and 12 on the pictch servo. Either way should work. If you want to be able to disconnect the rear trim, put a switch that will open the wire between black and ground or between red and power. Turn he switch off and the rear switch is inop.

Back