What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Mobile Services?

kbalch

Well Known Member
With my fuselage heading to the hangar on 1/28 and my inspection scheduled for 2/20, I?m going to need a few services performed in my hangar at KISM:

- Aircraft weighing
- Transponder/ADS-B check
- Pitot-static check (not necessary prior to inspection, of course, but might as well get it done)

I?m looking for recommendations of a mobile service provider who can handle these tasks.

I asked the same question to my local crew and a number of guys said ?this guy was top notch. However, I haven?t used him yet so can?t speak from first hand experience.

49408988187_111efc18f3_c.jpg

Thanks, guys. I've emailed both Jesse and Sal. Hopefully, between them, I should be OK.

I've used Absolute Aviation in Edgewater. 727-415-7999.

Also, I don't think the transponder check has to be done before the inspection either, just before first flight.

Also, I don't think the transponder check has to be done before the inspection either, just before first flight.

Only if you're in transponder required airspace. If you're not, uninstall the thing, do your early test flying outside of txp airspace, and fly the airplane to a shop for the check when the time comes.

Been a while since I lived in ORL area, but I used to do for work Billy Webb at Bilmar Avionics there at ISM. Good people to work with. If he is still around tell him I say Hi!

Jay

I've used Absolute Aviation in Edgewater. 727-415-7999.

Thanks, I'll give them a call.

True, but those two events (inspection and first flight) will be very close together, so it'll be simpler to schedule beforehand.

Only if you're in transponder required airspace. If you're not, uninstall the thing, do your early test flying outside of txp airspace, and fly the airplane to a shop for the check when the time comes.

Unfortunately, I'm well inside the Orlando Class B's Mode C veil. Indeed, I'm under a shelf of the inverted "wedding cake."

Been a while since I lived in ORL area, but I used to do for work Billy Webb at Bilmar Avionics there at ISM. Good people to work with. If he is still around tell him I say Hi!

Jay

Thanks! I've already reached out to him and am awaiting a reply. He's been recommended by several people already, including Sal Capra, who'll be doing my W&B.

Back