What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Bose Proflight Headset Pirep

olyolson

Well Known Member
Friend
Looks like the new Bose Proflight Headset was designed primarily for airline cockpits. Anyone tried one in an RV? Curious if it can handle the noisey environment we fly in all the time.

Looks like the new Bose Proflight Headset was designed primarily for airline cockpits. Anyone tried one in an RV? Curious if it can handle the noisey environment we fly in all the time.

I haven?t tried it, but the Bose rep at Sun N Fun said ?No? when asked if it would be ok for the RV.

Ben

Pull your headset off on your Rv. It?s incredibly loud. I think those would be great for a small jet where the engines are way in the back. Our little planes benefit greatly from noice cancellation. I got my wife the in ear headset because she doesn?t like to mess her hair up. I wore them for a few flights and I can honestly say that I am way better not hearing all the slight changes in the engine noise.

Works well in airliner (73,756, A320), no go in a metroliner, hopefully will find out tomorrow on an rv.

I borrowed one of these for a flight just to test them out ... much louder ... immediately wanted the full ear cups back.

Concur, not suitable. With tap function set to on it cycled on and off; very distracting. I disabled it and it was to loud. If I held the ear buds in it was better, so maybe mine isn?t the best fit, but still advise against them.

Flew two more sorties with other headsets for comparison. A20s today, and clarity. I was surprised I liked the clarity the best. The Clarity seemed to have the least cockpit noise compared to the A20s, and much better than the proflights. I wear proflight in big jets, and didn’t like clarity in big jets. Anyways, I am sure I have the op fully confused.

Back