What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Seat Belts

Robb

Well Known Member
I got tired of hitting my head on the canopy with the Vans seat belts and no crotch strap. Ordered a set of 5 point harnesses from Crow Enterprises. Install was simple and they are great. The padded straps are perfect and they were only $250 a set.

I too have the Crow 5 point, padded harnesses purchased from FlightLine Interiors. Abby can beat the price you quoted by quite a bit.

I currently have 4 point restaints in my 6A. What are the benefit of the 5 point restraints?

I flew my 6 with Vans standard 4 point for hundreds of hours over 9 years. I upgraded to the 5 point Crow harness last year. The biggest advantage is comfort when you need to tighten yourself in for turbulence. 4 point lap belts tend to "ride up". The crotch strap keeps the lap belts in position all the time. You can really crank them down and everything stays in position.
Adding the crotch strap in a 6 or 6A can be challenging. The 7/9 kit may or may not fit. I bought the kit and then ended up fabricating my own anyway. The kit was a good guide, but didn't work for me.

Last edited:
For clarification.......

You don't have to install a crow harness to have a 5 point harness. The standard Van's harness's can use an optional 5th point.

Back