What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Hanger space in south eastern FL

TJCF16

Well Known Member
To all my VAF friends, can anyone suggest or does anyone have hanger space that I could use from April 8th thru the 16th at Palm Beach (PBI), Boca Raton(BCT), Pompano Beach(PMP),Ft Lauderdale exec (FXE) or North Perry (HWO) airports. We are going on a cruise out of Port of Ft Lauderdale and are flying down to pick up the ship. Never been to the area just wondering what places you all would suggest.

To all my VAF friends, can anyone suggest or does anyone have hanger space that I could use from April 8th thru the 16th at Palm Beach (PBI), Boca Raton(BCT), Pompano Beach(PMP),Ft Lauderdale exec (FXE) or North Perry (HWO) airports. We are going on a cruise out of Port of Ft Lauderdale and are flying down to pick up the ship. Never been to the area just wondering what places you all would suggest.

I usually go to PMP and use Sheltair. I go down there several times a year. You'll speak to Janie 9 out of 10 times. She knows me. Tell her the RV-8 guy with the colorful paint job sent you! They will give you your own lockable T-hangar for about $40/night. Weird thing is if you get gas from them, they'll give you a night's tie-down for free, but no discount for the hangar. So I hangar with them, but then get my gas at the SS pump at the SW corner of the field.

FXE has gotten to become a big pain in the rear. I learned to fly there, but it has gotten very busy and expensive. Last time I was there it was $70/night for a large community hangar at Banyan. And because they were moving jets and turboprops in and out all day, my airplane sat outside more than it was inside. I don't go there any more.

HWO might be a good choice, but I don't have any info or recent experience on it. I don't know much about BCT either, but I would expect it and PBI to be pricey.

Good luck!

Back