What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Shipping a partially-built RV project

mgomez

Well Known Member
Hi,

My RV-7 is in a storage unit in Virginia. I'd like to move it to my current home in California. It's at roughly the QB stage...the fuselage and wings are stuffed with subsystems, so it's a bit heavier than the "bare" QB.

Any thoughts on how to get it shipped, other than driving it across the country myself? Is Partain still around? That's how the QB kit arrived in Virginia in 2005.

Yes, I'm going for the record of the slowest Quickbuild :)

Thanks in advance for your help.

I believe Tony Partain is still in business. That's who I used to ship my RV-10 QB wings and fuselage from Oregon to Houston, TX in 2016, and I was very pleased with the service. I recommend him.

RV Shipping

I second the Tony Partain endorsement. He brought my RV-10 quickbuild from California to Indiana.

I used a trucking company and saved a bunch of money as well as time. I had 2 offers in 24 hours to pick up and deliver that very week.

Bob

Stewart Transport strongly recommended

I just got my RV-7 project, partially completed, shipped from Virginia to California. Five days, $4K, no issues, fantastic service, very nice people to work with.

I just got my RV-7 project, partially completed, shipped from Virginia to California. Five days, $4K, no issues, fantastic service, very nice people to work with.

Did the truck they used have a ramp to load your kit? Did you crate up the wings?

Did the truck they used have a ramp to load your kit? Did you crate up the wings?

No, it had a crane. It?s used for both airplanes and kit cars. The wings were not crated, but rather strapped to the walls with several blankets for cushioning.

Back