What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

bonehead move --Garmin Pitot Tube

simatos

Well Known Member
trying to do a pitot leak test on the Garmin pitot tube. System had leak but all tubes checked out. Bite the bullet and disconnected pitot and yank out. The pitot has 2 tubes set up one ahead of the other, problem is I didn't mark which is pitot and which is Angle of Attack. Anyone out there know which is which???????
Thanks
I don't want to sign this because I'm too embarrassed

trying to do a pitot leak test on the Garmin pitot tube. System had leak but all tubes checked out. Bite the bullet and disconnected pitot and yank out. The pitot has 2 tubes set up one ahead of the other, problem is I didn't mark which is pitot and which is Angle of Attack. Anyone out there know which is which???????
Thanks

If no one helps you out tonight, I have a new one in my hanger and can get that info for you tomorrow.

If the pitot is off the airplane, blow into the hole that points forward. That one is the pitot. The AOA inlet hole will be on the bottom angling about 60° down from horizontal.

Thanks

The g3x install manual shows the Pitot on the fwd and the AOA on the aft. Page 5-7 in my version.

Back