What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Desser 500-5 6 PLY AERO CLASSIC "LIGHT SPORT" AIRCRAFT TIRE

Piper J3

Well Known Member
Has anyone tried this tire on their 12?

-

znjuqg.png

On my 9

They did not last long on my nine. The price is not much lower than their normal tires. And it is a lot of labor to change them.

They did not last long on my nine. The price is not much lower than their normal tires. And it is a lot of labor to change them.

Soooo what did you replace them with and are you happy with your choice? I am about to order tires for my -8. Thanks.

This is a flat profile tire........ Used on strut gear like a warrior.
Spring gear like RV's use a round profile for better scuffing.

I just put one slightly worn Aero Classic RV 4. Its mate on the other side is a Aero Condor. Haven't had a chance to fly it yet. What can I expect for negative handling characteristics s with this temporary mis match?
New 380*150*5 will be here in the fall. :D
Thanks
Tim

LS Tires

Tried these on my -12, terrible shimmy at greater than 20 mph (even after balancing). Also made taxing more difficult. I put my old tires back on (flipped- only 5 years old) with new tubes and all is good. Will replace with the original Aero classics at next annual. BTW- Desser is being a pain in the a@@ with giving me credit for the returns (which cost me $35 to ship). Sent back in April and still no credit- have called them twice and always a promise to get the return processed.

Dave

Back