What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

What to do with an IO-360

mulde35d

Well Known Member
Friend
Looking for options here. I am helping the widow of a recently deceased aviator clean out a hangar and have come across an IO-360-A3B6D (200hp) that was picked up from the factory in 1991. The preservation fluid leaked out some time ago when a squirrel decided to make a nest in the oil pan. It is a full engine with a starter, fuel spider, etc and was likely a factory overhaul when it was purchased. I am trying to recreate the logs with Lycoming since they are missing and the engine was never installed after they picked it up in Williamsport, PA (I am assuming it was an overhaul at the time since it definitely was not new). I imagine the interior is well rusted by now, but am going to work to get a borescope inside in the near future.

My question is, what are the options for the engine at this point. I am trying to get her the maximum return possible, but realize the engine is likely in pretty bad shape. Thoughts?

Also, she has a Cessna 310 twin engine that hasn't flown in 10 years. Not sure what to do with that either.

Call Rhonda at Barrett Precision. They buy cores. (918) 835-1089
(918) 835-1754

Cessna 310

Please provide info on th 310. I have a friend that recently had a malfunctioning gear that resulted in a collapsed gear on landing and a total loss of his plane.
[email protected]

Core Value

I appreciate the links from everyone. This engine is in rough enough shape that it was only worth core value. I ended up getting a bid for the widow from an overhaul shop and have sold. She is much appreciative of a couple thousand. Thanks

Back