- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Go Back   VAF Forums > Avionics / Interiors / Fiberglass > GPS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-29-2017, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geneticist View Post
The 660 keeps getting better with each software release. The graphical Flight Plan editing is great. THANK YOU.

Can i connect my D2 BRAVO to the 660?
What is "graphical Flight Plan editing"? How does it work?
Old 11-01-2017, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjtjrt View Post
What is "graphical Flight Plan editing"? How does it work?
graphically edit a flight plan (while not in navigation mode). For example, weather forces you to circumnavigate, you can go to "graphically edit flight plan".
mk
Old 11-05-2017, 01:00 AM

Does anyone know if the bug indicator in the 3D vision page can be used to send a steer command through the NMEA output to a connected autopilot?

Thanks for the help.

Regards
gFlyer
Old 11-09-2017, 12:27 PM

Received this email from Garmin. Love this type of customer service.

Please see the below link to view and/or download the document for information on Service Alert 1761 GPS Position Accuracy

Service Alert 1761: GPS Position Accuracy
NOVEMBER 9, 2017
PRODUCTS AFFECTED:
Garmin aera 660 products with main software 3.09 and earlier and D2 Bravo with GPS software versions 3.09 (and earlier) are affected.
To check D2 Bravo GPS software version go to the About page (Settings->System->About) and scroll down to display the GPS software.
To check aera 660 main software version:
1. From the Main Menu, touch Tools > Downloads.
2. Touch Menu > Software Downloads.
ISSUE:
In some situations, a GPS position error of up to 20km may occur.
PILOT ACTION:
If a GPS position error is observed in flight, power off the device and power on again. Once on the ground connect the device to a wifi signal and download the latest unit software. For instructions on loading the latest software refer to the Garmin aera 660 Pilot’s Guide (190-02017-20) and/or the D2 Owner’s manual (190-01674-00). Both manuals can be found on www.garmin.com.
RESOLUTION:
This issue has been fixed in D2 Bravo GPS software version 3.10 and aera 660 GPS software version 3.10.
NOTE
Garmin aera 660 GPS software version 3.10 is contained in aera 660 main software version 3.10.
Service Alert 1761A

If you have any questions, please contact your Garmin Dealer.
Old 11-09-2017, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chkaharyer99 View Post
What's really great is that Steve (g3xpert) told us about the 3.10 update on the 20th of October... Many of us have been running it for a couple of weeks already.
Old 11-09-2017, 05:41 PM

Quote:
[
ISSUE:
In some situations, a GPS position error of up to 20km may occur.
That's kind of scary.... Do we know what situations, and is it definitely just the D2B and Aera 660 affected?
Old 11-09-2017, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowflake View Post
What's really great is that Steve (g3xpert) told us about the 3.10 update on the 20th of October... Many of us have been running it for a couple of weeks already.
"Steve" from Garmin, another example of great customer service. I unfortunately missed Steve's post and didn't update until today. I like getting the emails. Glad Garmin has this service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by uk_RV9A View Post
That's kind of scary.... Do we know what situations, and is it definitely just the D2B and Aera 660 affected?
Apparently I flew around for a couple weeks on the old software. I never once experienced the phenomenon described in the bulletin. I use a GNS 430 W for GPS Nav and the 660 as a backup.
Old 11-09-2017, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Apparently I flew around for a couple weeks on the old software. I never once experienced the phenomenon described in the bulletin. I use a GNS 430 W for GPS Nav and the 660 as a backup.
Hello Charlie,

As mentioned in my posting, unless you flew around in Australia, Asia, or Western Alaska where this new satellite is visible, you could not be affected.

It has never been important for anyone operating in North America, South America, Africa, or Europe to receive this new GPS software, but of course we distributed it to everyone with the V3.10 update just in case.

Thanks,
Steve
Please email us for support instead of using Private Messaging due to the limitations of the latter.

Last edited by g3xpert : 11-09-2017 at 08:01 PM.
Old 11-10-2017, 05:57 AM

Default Atis

Hi Steve. I have a 660. For some reason Atis does not show in the available list of frequencys for many airports that I know have an existing Atis frequency. I use the touch feature to load into my comm radio. Is there something I need to adjust or change? Thanks.

Last edited by agirard7a : 11-10-2017 at 06:00 AM.
Old 11-10-2017, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by agirard7a View Post
Hi Steve. I have a 660. For some reason Atis does not show in the available list of frequencys for many airports that I know have an existing Atis frequency. I use the touch feature to load into my comm radio. Is there something I need to adjust or change? Thanks.
Hello Al,

It could be just a limitation of the available frequency data that is incorporated into the navigation database, but if you could contact us by phone or email shown below and provide some specifics about which software and database you are using and which airports are perhaps missing these frequencies, we are happy to investigate.

Thanks,
Steve
Please email us for support instead of using Private Messaging due to the limitations of the latter.