What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Tip: Pneumatic squeezer, quick release pins and magnets

Mycool

Well Known Member
Hello fellow builders, I thought I would post a little tip I recently came up with for anyone using a pneumatic squeezer with quick release pins.

For any using the pnematic squeezer knows that those pins that hold the yoke on always get in the way and are always dangling around. Well yesterday I just solved the problem in the blink of an eye without removing them. I had some mini magnets stuck to the side of my tool chest that I got from harbor freight (about a 1/4" diameter and super strong) AND JUST STUCK THEM TO THE YOKE, THAT'S IT! No no more dangling rings. See picture below.

Of course the other jerry rig fix would be tape, but come on were building Aeroplanes here!

2ujlb39.jpg
IM

Last edited by a moderator:
Great Idea

Michael, great idea.

There are probably a few more uses for these little magnets that folks will now find, following your motivation:D

Moved this thread to Building Tips for easier locating in the future.

These little neodymium magnets are incredibly powerful. We use them for hatches and things on model planes all the time. The larger ones can really pinch your finger when they come together!

Back