What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Wingtip AeroLED lights

Bernard Hartnell

At Oshkosh we bought the wingtip AeroLED landing lights - awesome! Cool!!! To use them in the 14, one needs to buy ($148.00) a nicely developed prefab fiberglass mod so they will properly fit. Do NOT cut your plexiglass light covers until the mod is fiberglassed in place. There is plenty of lens to properly trim and fit with the new mod. Then choose what to do with the remaining holes where the lights were planned to go. Choices abound: leave for future, place two Go Pro or Garmin cameras or close them with a plate same color as wing, install forward gun mounts - ah that's a NO - not politically correct ;-) AND a sure way to be very close buddies with all the acronymed, alphabet soup folks, that are here to protect you. All joking aside, check these lights out, as they are right here on this great site!

Best AeroLED pics

The best AeroLED wingtip light pics are on line.
Just tap on their ad here on the left side of this page and their page will open up.

Thanks Bernard,

Unfortunately their website does not have any pictures of the VX.

Thanks akarmy,

Nice picture of it.

Can anyone please explain what the mod is?

Thanks

At Oshkosh we bought the wingtip AeroLED landing lights - awesome! Cool!!! To use them in the 14, one needs to buy ($148.00) a nicely developed prefab fiberglass mod so they will properly fit. Do NOT cut your plexiglass light covers until the mod is fiberglassed in place. There is plenty of lens to properly trim and fit with the new mod. Then choose what to do with the remaining holes where the lights were planned to go. Choices abound: leave for future, place two Go Pro or Garmin cameras or close them with a plate same color as wing, install forward gun mounts - ah that's a NO - not politically correct ;-) AND a sure way to be very close buddies with all the acronymed, alphabet soup folks, that are here to protect you. All joking aside, check these lights out, as they are right here on this great site!
The conversion fiberglass was 148. Was there an OSH special price for the light? Thanks

Aircraft spruce has the pair of vx lights for $790.
I purchased them at Oshkosh when Spruce had a 10% off for aeroleds.
Drop shipped directly from Aeroled since Spruce had them listed as back ordered.

Final price $720.

Tom H.

Fiberglass mod

I received my set of wingtip mods needed for the 14 from AeroLED. Their fiberglass work is excellent !
I would send pics but can't get them from this iPad over to this site. Tried to acquire Flicker but not that tech capable, sorry!

Back