What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

top and bottom cowl brackets

Abbygirl1

Well Known Member
OK guys......need a little help. The upper and lower cowl brackets (the ones on each side of the ramps) that hold the two cowls together. I have one that has been broken for a good while. Any suggestions as to what to use to replace it? Stainless, or what?

Can you show some pictures of what you have and what failed? I am fitting my cowl now and I used 5 layers of fiberglass overlapping the halves and sticking to the lower.

Jimmy,
Let me know when you are coming to the hangar. I can take a look and you can look over mine.
Also, Ed is back in the states so you may see him and his 6 around lunchtime if you happen to be there at that time.
I'll be there tomorrow (Tues) to run the EAA meeting if you want to try to hook up on one end of that.

Jimmy,
Let me know when you are coming to the hangar. I can take a look and you can look over mine.
Also, Ed is back in the states so you may see him and his 6 around lunchtime if you happen to be there at that time.
I'll be there tomorrow (Tues) to run the EAA meeting if you want to try to hook up on one end of that.

Good to hear from you Bill. Thanks, I talked to Ed last nite. This has been broken for some time now, I just want to find something stronger so it will stop breaking. I won't be back at the hanger until probably Saturday, but you can feel free to go look. Its' the left side as you look at the front. Look in the intake ramp (top left hole in the cowl. Just take out the piece of foam and you can see it. The guy I bought it from said he has broken it several times and he just gavr up and put white tape over the screw holes. But I want to fix it right. Let me know your thoughts.

Jimmy

Back