What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV7A UL POWER PROJECT - 200HP 520iS FWF UPFIT WITH PICS

New Pics - Sun n Fun Display

2ijj98m.jpg

vdj0x3.jpg

10enepl.jpg

28m1dlt.jpg

sqh3c0.jpg

29f9zrk.jpg

10zy2k4.jpg

25qxehl.jpg

6teb7p.jpg

ddex40.jpg

Gents, A quick update.

Firewall Forward is 95% Complete.

Weve been waiting on a 3 Screen G3X System. They wont be available for a few more weeks its seems. Initail panel work should begin in the next 2 weeks Id say.

Cowling work is being adjusted to give a scosh more clearance from componants. We want it to be right the first time so taking the time to make that happen.

Its coming along. Steadily working.

Attached is a pic of what the final product has been planned to kinda look like. Its just rendering from my X-Panel Software. The round instrument by the throttle is the Electric prop controller..I just put something there the same size for now. Remember this is a FADEC Controlled Engine so no mixture.

Any Suggestion based on what you see here for the panel would be received and accepted well!

Tango

255tmpg.jpg

Last edited:
Extended cowling

Saw your earlier discussion on extending the cowling. I have an RV-8A with a cowling extended by 20 cm. and a ULP 5100 180 HP engine installed and flying since 2013. Compared to the RV-6 my plane is more stable in the sense that it does not "fish tail". I have a fixed pitch prop, which is not optimal. Any experience og others would be of interest.

Panel Pics

Gents,

Its taking some time for sure but its ready and installed. So busy with other parts of my life!! But we are getting there! Time for the wiring..working on the harnesses now.

Full IFR
3 Screen G3X (not touch)
ADSB Compliant with WX/Traffic
430W
GTR 200
GAR 240
GTX 327
Tru Trac AP with every option! and coupled approaches.

Let me know your thoughts

This pic is of the Panel:
2hxpqpj.jpg

This pic is of the Schematic of panel above..its a little different in the finished version but you guys get the picture Im sure.
15gxpg1.jpg

This pic is of it installed in the plane:
2m2uofc.jpg

This Pic is of the actual plane and what it will look like flying before I got it. The new one of course will be sporting the New UL 520i 200HP FWF and Garmin Panel.
suzokm.jpg

Last edited:
Experiences

Hi yes, I have started a blog that is constantly being updated concerning my personal experiences with UL Power over the last several years. Please take a look and let me know if I can help. Community awareness is my ultimate goal!

www.myulpower.com

Nate

EGT Probes?

Where did you install the EGT probes?

2isckyq.jpg

Looks like finding a location might be difficult. Perhaps immediately below the slip joints?

Thanks,
Dave

Back