What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Who's Building an RV-10 in Washington or Oregon?

I am building an RV-10 in Happy Valley, OR just SE of Portland near Clackamas Town Center. I've just finished the horizontal stabilizer and plan to re-build the vertical stabilizer because I did such a terrible job on it, but I'm going to do the elevator and tail cone first!

I'm building a '10 up in the Gorge near Hood River. Per my signature, I've completed the empennage, wings (QB) and am in the process of attaching the tailcone to the QB Fuse.

I am building an RV-10 in Happy Valley, OR just SE of Portland near Clackamas Town Center. I've just finished the horizontal stabilizer and plan to re-build the vertical stabilizer because I did such a terrible job on it, but I'm going to do the elevator and tail cone first!

Wow, cool! I have the emp and tailbone done...I got help at Synergy Air.

Do you need any help?

I'm building a '10 up in the Gorge near Hood River. Per my signature, I've completed the empennage, wings (QB) and am in the process of attaching the tailcone to the QB Fuse.

Awesome!! I have the emp and tailcone done. I got help from Synergy Air. When are you going to do the doors?

Thanks for responding guys! I am trying to get the body (slow build) soon. Wanted to see if anyone was around building so we could share our progress or help out if needed.

I have a lot of experience with fiberglass and I built some of the parts with the help of Synergy Air

Awesome!! I have the emp and tailcone done. I got help from Synergy Air. When are you going to do the doors?

Probably in a few months. But I expect to start the cabin top within the next month or so. If you have fiberglass experience, I'd definitely be willing to trade some time!

Check out EAA292 7S5

Good Choice on the 10. I am building one also with QB fuselage and wing.
My Neighbor Bruce has provided much advice from his build.
We at Independence Air Park have a wealth of resource and knowledge.
We are hosting the Vans Home Coming again this year. Please refer to
EAA292 web sight for info/reg. Good food, free weekend lodging with
friendly air-park residents.
Denny

Good Choice on the 10. I am building one also with QB fuselage and wing.
My Neighbor Bruce has provided much advice from his build.
We at Independence Air Park have a wealth of resource and knowledge.
We are hosting the Vans Home Coming again this year. Please refer to
EAA292 web sight for info/reg. Good food, free weekend lodging with
friendly air-park residents.
Denny

Cool! Thanks! I may have to come down...

RV-10 in SE PDX

Hi Everyone,

Just ran across this thread and wanted to mention that I just started the -10 wings. Emp is done, minus the final stab attachments. I'd love to swap knowledge, etc as our builds progress. I'm in SE Portland, Sellwood.

Cheers,

Mark

Hi Everyone,

Just ran across this thread and wanted to mention that I just started the -10 wings. Emp is done, minus the final stab attachments. I'd love to swap knowledge, etc as our builds progress. I'm in SE Portland, Sellwood.

Cheers,

Mark

Mark,

I am having the Builder's Group from my EAA Chapter 902 coming to look over my -10 this Saturday. I am rebuilding the Vertical Stab because I did such a poor job on the first one but other than that, the empennage is just about done. I'm ordering the wings this week so I'll get a little break while awaiting the kit.
You are welcome to come over and we can swap stories and I'd love to see what is involved in the wings build!

Send me a PM if you want to come!

Mike Marchand

Back