What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-10 QB Fuse - Help! I'm stuck - Drilling the F1046 Longerons

ERushing

Well Known Member
Good Afternoon,

I need some quick dimensions because the Quick-builders did not drill the holes at the aft end of the F1046 Longerons.

A2531661-CE30-4C93-AACA-F93429E86BBF_zps3sjcft1o.jpg

5B14A7B6-0A1D-430E-B046-E8272E1C6A1F_zpsozxykoic.jpg

Page 29-2, Step 4 - Holes on the F1046 longerons were supposed to be match drilled to the template. They weren't. Could anyone take a look at their longerons and tell me the spacing between the bolt holes and the exact distance from the end of the longeron to the aft-most bolt hole? and the distance from the aft rivet in the left longeron.

Unfortunately Vans is closed today.

I think I can simply drill these holes from the top as long as I'm centered to the bottom side and drilling at 90 deg.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

I was planning to get the tailcone attached this weekend and this would put an abrupt end to those plans!

Thanks for any help!!

Hey Eric,
I'm heading out to the hanger this morning, should be there by 0800 EST and can take a few detailed pictures with measurements for you.

Eric, did you not get the F-1046B template? Mine was listed on on the parts list from Van's but they hadn't included it when I inventoried, so they sent me one. The hole spacing is on the template, so I just held it up to the end and marked them, then drilled through. I had to adjust a little, but that gave me a good starting point. The template is shown on page 29-2.

Hope it helps,
Lynn

Found it!

Excellent point, Lynn. It was buried under a pile of parts on a shelf but it was there! Must admit to a bit of embarrassment here!

Thanks for the reminder!!

Thanks for your willingness to help, Justin!

Glad I could help. To be honest it took me about 2 days of trying to figure what I was suppose to do there before I found the template.

Excellent point, Lynn. It was buried under a pile of parts on a shelf but it was there! Must admit to a bit of embarrassment here!

Thanks for the reminder!!

Thanks for your willingness to help, Justin!

Back