What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Wing Snap Bushings for Pitot (page 14-4)

Well Known Member
From the RV-10 plans, page 14-4:

Step 1: This step is for the left wing only. Enlarge the forward tooling hole to 7/16 diameter and install a SB437-4 Snap Bushing in the W-1010-R Inboard Wing Rib and all but the two most outboard
instances of the W-1011-L/R Inboard Wing Ribs, see Figure 1 and Figure 2.

I checked my inventory and do not have any SB437-4 Snap Bushings. The inventory sheet calls for Bag 1187-1 to contain 24 of these. My Bag 1187-1 contains 24 SB-375-4 (along with a lot of other ones, none of which are SB437-4).

The SB-375-4 bushings are undersized for the 7/16" hole. Luckily I only enlarged one of these before checking and finding out the mismatch.

Now the question is: are the bushings I have correct and the plans wrong, or is the inventory incorrect, and I should have larger bushings?

I'm at the same exact spot in my build. Just installed mine this morning. Had the same issue. There were 3 sizes in the bag. One for the 5/8" holes and then two smaller ones. Of the 2 smaller sizes, there were (4) marked with a -3 and I think 24 marked with a -4. I used the -4's and they fit the holes I drilled, so I installed them and moved on.

I got a little "trigger happy" playing with the drill. They are meant to be installed in the 1st 10 ribs. I think on the left wing, I did the 11th one as well.

Charlie

Back