What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Hangar needed in Hawaii for RTW RV9a

edneff

Well Known Member
Posting in the general section to get the broadest dissemination of this message.

Our friend John Koehler is in Hilo, Hawaii, 2000 miles to go on his RTW flight. He has encountered some technical difficulties which will require some work on the aircraft. He had planned to leave today, and there is a very favorable weather pattern over the central east pacific which would have given him a good push to the west coast. That weather window is closing fast, and there is a typhoon approaching Hilo from the east.

John has wisely decided to delay departure to work on his aircraft and wait for another favorable weather pattern to develop. In the meantime, he would really like to get the airplane indoors. He is willing to fly to another airport from Hilo.

If anyone knows of a hangar, or a small corner of a hangar that is available to tuck away "May" for a week or two, please get in touch.

You can email or pm through VAF or call or text me at
seven three two, six nine three, nine four seven four.

note to moderator: Thought I posted this in the general discussion section but on checking found it in the temporary/ deleted section... I either posted it in the wrong section by mistake or it was moved, could not figure it out. My apologies for reposting if it was moved.

Last edited:
Trying to help

I'll ask around and see what I can find out for space on Oahu. There is a guy in Hilo that has a Tiger Moth and runs a company called Airtime Hawaii. His name is Adrian Rosenberg. 809-443-8506

Thanks to all of those who reached out to John and helped him get "May" in a hangar until he can start his final leg of the journey. What a great community we have! He's very appreciative of all the support he has gotten from VAF and the GA population.

John will be working on the aircraft and awaiting favorable conditions and hopefully will be under way again soon.

Back