What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Transition Training Near Dallas, TX

gwav8or

Anybody know of someone willing to do transition training near Dallas, Tx? I'm going to look at an RV-6 this weekend and insurance wants me to have a checkout prior to solo operations.

Anybody know of someone willing to do transition training near Dallas, Tx? I'm going to look at an RV-6 this weekend and insurance wants me to have a checkout prior to solo operations.

Too bad it isn't an A model, otherwise I would have a name for you.

Last edited:
Near Houston ...

Bruce Bohannon in Angleton TX (just South of Houston) can help you if you can use your new purchase to do the training. He is well reviewed here on VAF (use search). I had a great experience and learned a lot from him.

Contact info:
P: 28 one eighty eight niner 807 eight
E: [email protected]

Bruce Bohannon in Angleton TX (just South of Houston) can help you if you can use your new purchase to do the training. He is well reviewed here on VAF (use search). I had a great experience and learned a lot from him.

Contact info:
P: 28 one eighty eight niner 807 eight
E: [email protected]

Thanks. I emailed Bruce. We?ll see what he says.

Yeah, unfortunately my insurance requires a signoff from a CFI with 25 hours in the same MAKE/MODEL.

My insurance accepted 5 hours in a 10 for my coverage in my 9A - you might ask again. I flew my time with Alex Dedominicis in Dallas, but I understand he's out of the area on work now and no longer available.

My insurance accepted 5 hours in a 10 for my coverage in my 9A - you might ask again. I flew my time with Alex Dedominicis in Dallas, but I understand he's out of the area on work now and no longer available.

I believe he is working in the OKC area. I?ll pm you h8s number.

Tom Woodward is in DFW and is a good transition CFI.

David Austin is in Denton and is also a good transition CFI.

Back