What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

GDL 50 External Antenna Cable

sf260

Does anyone have a source for an external antenna cable to connect a GDL 50 to a Delta Pop blade type ADSB antenna? Looks like I would need a MCX to BNC cable but I am unsure of exactly the specs on such a thing. Signal loss budget? 50 ohm cable I would assume? The GDL 50 manual is silent on connecting an external 'ADSB' antenna. It does detail external GPS antennas.

Suggest that you contact a guy called "wifi expert": https://wifirfexpert.com/

I've purchased many cables from him over the years. He made a cable for my GDL 50 install using RG316 cable, MCX male to BNC male. It works great. He can make you a custom length and use right angle connectors where that works better for your install.

Stein

I did the same on the GDL 39, not sure if it has the same connector but I called Stein and he provided me with the correct adapter to convert over to a BNC and then I ran RG400 (a bit expensive but I believe it's the best coax) down to the DeltaPop antenna. The entire set up wasn't cheap but it works really well.

Back