What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Louisiana Plane taxes

douglassmt

Well Known Member
I am helping a guy who built an RV in MT to finish it as he has moved to Louisiana. In MT there is no sales tax, no property tax and only $20 to license the plane in the state. Nice.

I am not familiar with the sales and property taxes on EAB planes in Louisiana, or if he can even register it here because it will soon be in Louisiana full time. Any information from you cajuns would be appreciated so I can advise him how/where to register it.

I have bought 2 planes here. The below is the best I can recall from memory as I type this, but I feel pretty certain the info is up to date.

he'll likely get a letter from the tax office saying he owes taxes on the plane, but in the same letter it says if it was a personal purchase (or some such wording), then nothing is due. You write a letter saying such, mail it in, and that is the end of it.

I have copies of the letter I received from the tax office, and my written response tucked away in some file cabinet somewhere. I can dig it out if he needs me to.

Last edited:
Thanks

Thanks for the info. Dont bother digging out the paperwork. I'll let you know if we need it. I'll see if anyone else weighs in.

Back