What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Installing Elevator trim Servo

rkochcyxh

I was just about to install the "Ray Allen T3-12A Servo" on the E-616PP Cover Plate (trim tab for elevator) when it dawned on me that I couldn't find the measures for attaching the EET-602B R&L mounting plates that hold the servo to the cover plate. I looked all over Dwg 4 and couldn't find anything. Any suggestions greatly appreciated. Thanks
Russel Koch
RV9A Emp just about completed. Pouring hanger floor on Tuesday

Last edited:
It's on the drawing, but well hidden :) One of the details shows distance to the inboard end of the Z bracket from the edge of the plate. Look at the drawing again.

electric trim

While not a 9A, I had a heck of a time trying to figure out that z bracket for the electric elevator trim on my 6A. So I finally gave up and remote mounted the elevator trim under the vertical stabilizer. Bought a cable and a kit from GretzAero that fit between the unit and the trim tab and it works very nicely.

Don't know if they make any for 9's but they did for the 6's.

Make sure you physicaly check the allignment after you use Vans numbers...on mine (-8 kit) the number on the plans puts the Z bracket about 1/8" offcenter of the slot. I centered it up so the rod clevis was centered in the slot.

I agree with Mike. I had to make adjustments to Van's #s to get a good fit. I know I played with the parts on the bench for awhile before drilling and fitting. Not a big deal.

Bill - fuse/plumbing

I think I'll wait

Based on your comments I think I'll wait until I have the trim tab installed and then Ill mount everything to fit. Thanks guys
Russel Koch

rkochcyxh said:
Based on your comments I think I'll wait until I have the trim tab installed and then Ill mount everything to fit. Thanks guys
Russel Koch

I remember I first looked at Mike web site (http://www.my9a.com/lel.asp at the bottom of the page) and Gary (http://www.jlc.net/~fcs/servo.htm), then I studied drawings (two measures are indicated), then I drawed the lines on the plate, I tried to see if everything fitted, I noticed that it was not perfectly aligned and then I moved it just a little to center the pushrod, I made an attempt with a 9volts battery and, when everything was OK, I drilled the holes.

When I fitted the servo inside, it was just a little tight, but with a little swinging, it goes inside without any trimming.

Bye
Camillo

Back