What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Flap Limit Switch Diagram

TX7A

Well Known Member
I'm looking for a flap limit switch diagram.
I know I've seen one or two here on the forum at times, but I think the photo links are dead.

What I've seen is a setup using two micro switches (one for up stop, one for down stop) a DPDT switch, I think, and possibly the use of a couple of diodes in the circuit. (not interested in a commercial flap actuator system)
This would be a roll your own setup.

Anyone have such a diagram?

Thanks much

Sam

Here is a simple generic circuit that works with diodes. The only disadvantage would be the loss of 0.7 volts to the motor.

limit-switch-wiring-diagram-wirdig-800x398.jpg

Note that the switches and diodes in this particular circuit must handle the full flap motor current (5 amps?)

Last edited:
http://www.vx-aviation.com/sprocket/photos/panel_elec/schematics/TRIM.pdf

Shows more detail for an UP limit switch. Note that a properly installed actuator will not require (but still could use) a down limit switch due to the actuator mechanism's run-out.

The diode only conducts briefly during operation, so the voltage drop is less of an issue. Digikey 10A01CT-ND. Microswitch is CH326-ND. Both of these parts are heavy duty to handle stall currents.

Of course, all devices added in series with the flaps can increase failure rates, but this may be minor compared to the actuator.

V

Thanks!

Thanks for the ideas, guys!
Those should give me some options.

Much appreciated.

Back