What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-12iS Section 29 Assembly Sequence Error

Bob Y

Well Known Member
If you?ve not yet completed your iS fuselage kit, be aware there is an assembly sequence error on the last two pages of section 29. Do NOT rivet the ingress/egress assistance handle to the F-01240-1 top cover until AFTER you have riveted the F-1202D-L & R instrument panel attach angles to the F-01240-1 cover. I blindly followed the instructions and discovered it was impossible to insert the squeezer to install the six rivets above the handle. Guss at support confirmed the issue. I ordered some MK-319 blind rivets for those six locations.

If you?ve not yet completed your iS fuselage kit, be aware there is an assembly sequence error on the last two pages of section 29. Do NOT rivet the ingress/egress assistance handle to the F-01240-1 top cover until AFTER you have riveted the F-1202D-L & R instrument panel attach angles to the F-01240-1 cover. I blindly followed the instructions and discovered it was impossible to insert the squeezer to install the six rivets above the handle. Guss at support confirmed the issue. I ordered some MK-319 blind rivets for those six locations.
Sounds like a good catch. For the benefit of us all have you communicated this to Van's?

Back