What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV14 front vert stab spar

dbs

I was watching Scott Emerson's youtube video "Tail cone progress report" and noticed his front vertical stab spar mounted behind the bent bracket. Is this correct or should it make contact on backside of the front spar?

My instructions say to dimple the backside of the spar where it makes contact with the bent bracket.

The correct location of the VS front spar when mounted to the empennage is on the front surface of the VS-01402 bracket.

So you are correct. It's easy to place it wrong, but nothing fits quite right (ask me how I know....)

I was watching Scott Emerson's youtube video "Tail cone progress report" and noticed his front vertical stab spar mounted behind the bent bracket. Is this correct or should it make contact on backside of the front spar?

My instructions say to dimple the backside of the spar where it makes contact with the bent bracket.

Greetings,

An image showing correct placement on the forward side of VS-01402 Vertical Stabilizer Bracket (this is also clearly indicated on page 11-08 and similarly implied on page 11-06):

IMG_8150.JPG

Thanks you!

After finishing my VS I was wondering how I had an extra part clearly labeled VS-01402. I found it in the past inventory and it said “aft fuselage” so I went to that section. Wow! That took a long time.

So I checked google and it lead me to this thread. You even pinpointed the page number where to find it. Thank you so much 👍

Back